Last bell rings, go home.
Wine glass full
Reading book, nit comb.
Free at last
Take-away, it’s time to play.
©Alison Jean Hankinson
Regards to all my fellow school teachers out there….XXXXX
And you know it is hard to climb
Sitting in the starlight,
And love turned to stone
When you left the valleys behind
And all that you can do
Is smile at the moon
And start the climb
Alison Jean Hankinson
This is for d’Verse open link night.
d’Verse open link
So today on Friday 13th of January our furniture is scheduled to leave Whangarei exactly 11 years to the day we arrived. We drove over the Brynderwyns on Friday 13 Jan 2006 and saw the vista of Whangarei and Mount Manaia for the very first time. I actually began to write this poem many years ago when it became clear to me that when leaving to pursue our dreams we inevitably leave behind places and people that we have grown to love and cherish.
Arohanui. Great love to all. XXXXXX
Recognise accept and value the passage of time for all of us
5 Ways to make it better-The Julie Andrews Way
- Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. Love what you have and all that is around you, the weather, the landscape -nature. Things that are somehow bigger and beyond human.
- Brown paper packages tied up with strings. Try giving something as a gift to someone else you care about- a friend, a work colleague, a sibling, a partner- not for any special reason other than to make their life a little more special. It doesn’t have to be expensive- just be done with love and care like the Brown paper package.
- Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes. Always enjoy nice clothes on yourself and others. Free the frock..don’t leave it on the hanger because it was expensive or you bought it for a special occasion, let it out…give it it’s moment to be prettiful.
- Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes. Be mindful. Treasure every moment for what it is. Feel the wind and the rain. Hear the birdsong and the dawn chorus and recognise it as a moment in your own and others’ existence. Mark it, enjoy its flavour.
- Silver white winters that melt into springs. Recognise accept and value the passage of time for all of us. Winter gives way to spring, swelters into summer, mellows into autumn, it has a pattern and a process that is mirrored throughout life and nature.
Lyrics from My Favourite Things- Sound of Music- Rodgers and Hammerstein.1959 Don’t knock it unless you have tried it…The hills are alive….
Image from Wikipedia-Mary Martin and Children in publicity image 1959
Read more: The Sound Of Music – My Favorite Things Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Interior– I was looking at inside my mind, and today it was all quite hopeful….XXX