- They help us to remind ourselves of the positives. After all that is what they are all about, they are intended to help us affirm our strengths.
- They help to restore the balance within our brains that can occur when our self-esteem has taken a bit of a battering. (self–esteem can be very fluid.)
- They feed and nourish our long-term self-efficacy.
- Fake it until we make it, a lot of research out there suggests that we can shape what we will become by the thoughts we perceive as important, and therefore having good thoughts about ourselves should ultimately lead us to have better outcomes in life.
- It can give us a better sense of gratitude and self-worth.
My acrostic was my attempt at writing myself an affirming acrostic, it isn’t about its depth and breadth as a piece of poetry but about the mental processes and the affirmations that occurred whilst penning it.
Open to new ideas
Alison Jean Hankinson.